best wishes 14

Mona Pendleton | Thursday, February 11, 2016 @ 3:29 PM | ,


Hi! It's hard to believe my baby turned 28 on Monday! Where does the time go? It seems like yesterday he was just a baby! Well, not really but if you're a Mom, surely you can relate to what I mean :) So many milestones reached along the way, college, marriage and settled into his career...sigh...
Jerry and his sweet wife, April live in San Francisco so I made him a birthday card featuring a cable car image from the PTI Cable-Gram stamp which I colored using Prima Oil Pastels:

I was inspired by the photo shown below for color:

I'm entering this card in the following challenges: for sketch inspiration, I joined along with retrosketches
 and the PTI Create Along with us challenge:
where I was inspired by Danielle Flanders beautiful watercolored blossoms on the card shown below:
Thanks so much for visiting ~ I hope you have a great day / evening!
Be Sweet ;)
post signature


 Comments

14 Sweet Comments So Far:

Lisa said...

Happy, happy birthday to Jerry!! What a sweet baby picture!! The card is fabulous!! The cable car looks amazing!! Perfect for a San Franciscan!! The colors are beautiful!! Have a great evening!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Lisa Elton said...

Happy Birthday to Jerry! Terrific card Mona, bet he loved it!

Cheryl W. said...

What a wonderful and thoughtful card for your son! I know what you mean about our kids growing older way too fast. I am so thankful to have enjoyed every stage they have gone through - and now I'm enjoying this mature adult one!

Greta said...

Beautiful watercoloring, Mona, & perfect card for your son!

Ros Crawford said...

What a cute photo!! I can see you in him there too! Terrific card and I'm sure he will love it ... Happy Birthday to your son!

Petra Swart said...

What a cute little baby he was and what a cute card you have made for him, Mona!!! Love how you've done the watercolouring!!! TFS
Have a great Friday!!!!!

Lynette Jacobs said...

Happy birthday to your son...time goes so quickly...I sometimes stand amazed that my sons are 36 and 34 respectively.

Sherrie K. said...

Happy birthday to your son, Jerry! Time does fly....so many fun memories and more to come! Great card Mona! I am sure he will love it!
Hugs,
Sherrie k

Julia Aston said...

Isn't it amazing how our kids get older and we get younger??!! What a lovely personalized card for his birthday! Have a great weekend Mona - Julia xx

Patty O'Malley said...

Sweet card!

Susan Lankford said...

Very cool card and so appropriate for their location!

My name is Erika. said...

I can relate having a 24 year old. What a cute baby he was, and what a great card you created for him.

Joyce said...

Oh, love this card, as I left my heart in San Francisco when I moved from there to San Diego. Can you belive I bought this set and have yet to use it. You have inspired me to pull it out and try water coloring. It looks fantastic. And, happy birthday to your son. SF is such a fun place for a young professional just starting out.

Stella said...

Happy belated birthday to your son Mona! Your card is gorgeous!


Thank you so much for leaving a sweet comment!


 
Cupcake's Creations Copyright © 2010 Prozine - Designed by Lasantha customized by Scott Pendleton for Mona
Banner graphic elements courtesy: House of Three
Home | RSS Feed | Comment RSS