joy 25

Mona Pendleton | Wednesday, November 27, 2013 @ 9:00 PM | , ,

Happy Thanksgiving to all who celebrate! I have MANY things that I am thankful for and one of them is YOU, the ones who take the time to visit my blog :) I can't thank you enough for not only taking the time to visit but I'm so grateful for the kind and encouraging comments. They mean so much!

I took some time for myself to create this sweet owl painting simply for fun! I am pretty sure she will leave the nest here at my house and find a new one at Tina's :) If you missed my other girl, you can see her HERE on THIS post. 
After creating the background with a variety of paints, I sketched on the owl then brought her to life with LOTS of layers of paint. Once the project was dry, I applied various rub-ons from my stash. My dear husband Scott says I that I "tatted" her wing with that flower rub-on! :) LOL
For added texture and design, I used the Teardrop Stencil:
I'm a work in progress and I feel as though there is plenty of room for improvement! I can't wait to get painting another! :) If you are interested in learning how to paint an owl, I took the on-line course "How to paint an owl 2" from the talented artist Juliette Crane and I highly recommend it! 
Thanks so much for visiting and thanks again from the bottom of my heart for your support!
Be Sweet ;)

MFT product used: Teardrop Stencil
post signature


 Comments

25 Sweet Comments So Far:

Lisa Elton said...

Well if Tina's nest is full send this sweet bashful beauty to my nest!! Mona this is darling and I adore it!! Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family as well!!

Constance said...

Beautiful and so colourful! Happy Thanksgiving!

Paper Profusion said...

I absolutely love this Mona! That owl has terrific charisma and is sooo pretty. Lucky Tina! Beautiful artistry. Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours. Nicola x

Wilma Voermans said...

I see a LOT of owls on the blogs, but this is one of the sweetest!! great painted Mona, happy thanksgiving to you!! Miss your MM challenges :)

Ros Crawford said...

Oh my She is so ADORABLE!!! This would grace anyone's home ... wonderful work my friend! Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours

sandi said...

Wow! So sweet! So colorful.....love it!

Christine L said...

Oh my word.... WOW...... WOW....... WOWWWWWWWW........ LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this!! You're so very talented Mona... you really are!

Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours..

Big hugs
Christine x

Unknown said...

Gorgeous, Mona! Your owl is just the sweetest thing ever! Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours!

Vickie Z said...

Ohhh....this is gorgeous!! That owl is soooo sweet and the painting/colors/ and "tat" are perfect!! Hope you had a great day!!

Chantal Vandenberg said...

Wow this is AWESOME!!!!

Mary Reidel said...

So beautiful and colorful, Mona! Darling little owl! Hope you are having a wonderful Thanksgiving!

Greta said...

Love this painting, too, Mona! Got a kick out of your hubby's comment & guess he's right--LOL! Tina better insure this treasure!

Julia Aston said...

Happy Thanksgiving Mona! I love your 2nd owl with her little closed eyes, her pearl necklace (?!) and the wonderful drops on the background!

Anonymous said...

So super adorable!! Tina is one lucky lady!! :)) :)) The colors are fresh & fun -- the background is fab w: all of the teardrops!! Hope you continue to make these!!!

Anonymous said...

Darn... I bumped return... Lol
Hope you & your family had a fun filled Thanksgiving!! :))
Xo

KathyO said...

Stunning painting, Mona! So colorful and I love her expression!!

Unknown said...

Your owl looks so lovely.. She makes me smile..

Hugs~

Pauline said...

Absolutely adorable Mobs! I live the expression on her face, and the fabulous texture you created.

Mercedes said...

Gorgeous painting! Love the sweet little owl! That background is incredible! Have a great weekend!

Yesnir said...

Lovely artwork, Mona! Love your cute owl! Great expression!

Carol Reisner said...

Awesome project, Mona! Wow, I absolutely love these colors and the owl's sweet face!!

Mirna said...

Beautiful canvas! This darling little owl definitely looks joyous! You are do unbelievably talented!

Words and Pictures said...

Simply lovely - the paintwork is so full of depth - I love it!
Alison xx

Deborah Frings said...

Mona - this is gorgeous! I love the colours, the texture and that owl is simply wonderful. I have a fondness for owls and this one is so cute!

Unknown said...

Oh my gosh, I absolutely love this Mona. I've been wanting to take a class by Juliette and hopefully next year I can. The colors are superb and I love the way you did the face. Too cute!!! Hugs


Thank you so much for leaving a sweet comment!


 
Cupcake's Creations Copyright © 2010 Prozine - Designed by Lasantha customized by Scott Pendleton for Mona
Banner graphic elements courtesy: House of Three
Home | RSS Feed | Comment RSS