Thank You...CR84FN60 39

Mona Pendleton | Saturday, August 4, 2012 @ 9:05 PM | , , ,

***I have two posts today, if you are looking for my MFT August Teaser Time Day 5 post please click HERE. Thanks in advance :)***

Hi there! Hope you are all having an amazing weekend! If you have visited me over the last week, to say I've been a little busy paper crafting is an under statement ;) It's time for an all new CR84FN Color Challenge! Thanks to all who took on CR84FN59 as there were so many pretty projects in the gallery! For nearly the next two weeks, we will be playing with what I think is a fun and funky color combination:

Here's my take:
I had to get a little creative with this one as my stash of patterned paper contains very little in the purple color family. sigh... I inked up a mini embossing folder with Ranger Distress ink to create the Grape BINGO card. When ALL else fails, I find I turn to flowers and butterflies to get me through and that is exactly what I did for this card! :) LOL I made a felt rose using the Die-namics Rolled Rose and pretty MFT Blue Skies Felt. The leaves were made using Die-namics Royal Leaves and the flower is layered on top of a doily made using the larger of the two doilies from the Die-namics Dizzy Dily DUO.
For sketch inspiration, I played along with the fun Tuesday Morning Sketches challenge:
Thanks so much for visiting! I hope to see what YOU create using this fun color combo! Please visit the CR84FN site ~ click HERE ~ to see what amazing samples the DT has created and for COMPLETE challenge details.
Be Sweet!

***I will be back tomorrow with more to share for the MFT August Teaser Time Day 6!***

MFT Supplies Used:
Stamps: Die-namics Umbrella & Stamp Set
Dies: Die-namics Rolled Rose, Die-namics Traditional Tags STAX, Die-namics Fishtail Flags STAX,
Felt: MFT Blue Skies Felt
post signature


 Comments

39 Sweet Comments So Far:

Teri Holister said...

Beautiful card! Missed seeing your BINGO cards! This is so creative! Love the color palate and love the felt flower! TFS!

PaperMomma said...

Beautiful, Mona! Love these colors!

zehra said...

Wow, beautiful card

Jill Norwood said...

This is lovely! Love the bingo card and all the pretty details!

Tumbleweed said...

Very pretty, Mona! Love the pretty flower and leaves! The bingo card is so fabulous too!

Pauline said...

Beautiful card Mona, with this fab bingo card - I have this EF myself, but haven't used it yet. When I get home, I'm going to break it out ;-) beautiful backing paper, and I just love that gorgeous felty rose.

Sam Marsdon said...

Fabulous background and gorgeous felt flower! Love the pretty colors also! TFS!

Constance said...

Stunning card, Mona! I love these colours!

Shannon White said...

Oh this is Fabulous Mona! 8-) Very Fun & Creative and Beautiful all at the same time! Love the Bingo card and Super combo of dp's you chose too! And that felt Rose is just Darling! Love it! Definitely a Fun color Combo! 8-)

Hugs & Happy Sunday!
Shannon

Mary J said...

That is such a beautiful make!

Ros Crawford said...

Wonderful take on those colours ... Love the card

Heidi said...

What a beautiful card Mona! The colors are gorgeous and the rose is stunning. Thanks for the inspiration!

Anne-Elise said...

So beautiful, Mona! As always!! Love your felt rose! Gorgeous!

Jessi Fogan said...

Funny, I don't have a lot of purple either! I find it a tough colour to match so I guess I just avoid it when I'm shopping...although not on purpose! Love all the details on your card especially the fab felt and those leaves. Thanks for playing with us at Tuesday Morning Sketches this week :)

Daniela Dobson said...

This is beautiful!! Love the colors.

Stacy said...

Such a beautiful card, loving this color combo, hope I have time to play!

Monika/Buzsy said...

Another fabulous color combo Mona. Love how you used them... the felt flower is amazing and the dry embossed bingo card is just perfect! Enjoy the rest of your weekend.

Laura said...

Fun color combo, and I love the felt flower! Beautiful card! Thanks for sharing it with us at Tuesday Morning Sketches!!

Heather Rogers said...

Too cute Mona. Love the bingo card and pretty felt flower. :)

Hugs~

Lisa Elton said...

Love this pretty rolled rose popping off that grape bingo card! Very fun Mona!

ANUPAMA CHOUDARY said...

Love the blue flower in felt and the bingo card. Awesome design!

Stella said...

Your idea to ink up an embossing folder is just brilliant and spot on the color. Love how this turn out. The flower made me aigh:)

Cindy Percovich said...

So beautiful, Mona! Love the bright colors! That felt flower with leaves is so gorgeous!

Davi said...

Love the beautiful felt flower and the purple bingo card! Beautiful use of the colors ;)

Rebecca Deeprose said...

Love your choice of patterns!! That neutral and bold background pattern works so well to balance against the strong colors~ Love it Mona!!

Unknown said...

Such a pretty card. LOVE the felt flower. So inspiring to pop in and see your cards..

Hugs~

Unknown said...

Wonderful! Love the purple bingo card!

gracescraps@gmail.com said...

Amazing work with this color palette!! Love your felt rose!! ~ Blessings, Tracey

http://gracescraps.blogspot.com/

Melissa Craig said...

What a super sweet card Mona. I love the flower, I really want some of their dies and the felt is so beautiful. Great job on the other elements, too. Thanks for joining us at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

MackieMade Paper Creations said...

The blue felt flower just pops off the purple bingo card! WOW! Love this take!!!!!!
Don't work too hard and burn yourself out!!! I'd miss your wonderful creations!

Angela said...

So pretty...love the vintage vibe! Thank you for playing along with us at Tuesday Morning Sketches!

Sue Nader said...

Gorgeous card with awesome colors!

Karla said...

So beautiful, Mona! The bingo card is awesome and I love these colors! TFS!

Mercedes said...

Fabulous Mona! I love the beautiful felt flower and the dry embossed bingo card is so creative! TFS!

Unknown said...

I love it and terrific color combo, can't wait to play along.

Helen Berry said...

Totally inspiring as always Mona - I love the Bingo card and the papers behind it. The felt rolled rose is absolutely divine - that colour is just beautiful!! Great colour choices by Sue. A little out of my usual zone, but I may just give it a go and see what happens ;)

Sue Lelli said...

Mona, LOVE, LOVE, LOVE that blue felt and the patterned paper die cut doily! You are also the Queen of Bingo because it always looks so FAB on YOUR cards and it's something I would never think to you. I LOVE hoe perfect it looks here! Such a BEAUTIFUL card!

Vickie Z said...

Wonderful use of these bright colors!!! Orange may be your nemesis and purple is mine!!! Every brain cell will be on active duty when I tackle this one!!! Catching on my blogging....all of your MFT creations are fabulous!

igła i nitka said...

What a great composition and combination of colours! I just love this flower:)


Thank you so much for leaving a sweet comment!


 
Cupcake's Creations Copyright © 2010 Prozine - Designed by Lasantha customized by Scott Pendleton for Mona
Banner graphic elements courtesy: House of Three
Home | RSS Feed | Comment RSS