A Valentine mini...FTTC156 52

Mona Pendleton | Monday, February 13, 2012 @ 11:00 PM | , ,

Happy Valentine's Day! Hope you are all having a great day with your loved one (s) ~ anything fun planned? Scott and I will be enjoying each others company tonight while dining at one of our favorite restaurants ;) 

Since it is Tuesday, that means it is time for an all new Flourishes Timeless Tuesday Challenge!
This week, Beate is our lovely hostess and she is challenging us to create a Valentine's Day card/project while incorporating the color RED. Keeping this theme in mind, I made a mini Valentine's Day book, (referring to Tim Holtz's tutorial), for my DH using a variety of wonderful Flourishes stamps. Lots of photos, so I hope you sit back and enjoy :) 

The cover features a beautiful blossoming heart is from Hearts and Flowers that was sponged using Memento Rhubard Stalk ink and a sweet Tailor-Made Classic Tags Die with a fun sentiment from Tiny Flowers and Tags:
Pages 1 & 2: The sentiments are from Love Sweet Love and the beautiful rose blossom heart is from Hearts and Flowers that was sponged using Ranger Distress Spun Sugar ink:
Page 3: The sentiment is from From the Heart and the pretty daisy blooming heart is from Hearts and Flowers. Page 4: The sentiment is from  Love Sweet Love:
Page 5: The sentiment is from  From the Heart. Page 6: The beautiful blossoming heart and sentiment are from Hearts and Flowers. The flowery heart was sponged using Ranger Distress Spun Sugar ink:
Page 7: The sentiment is from Hearts and Flowers. Page 8: The beautiful rose blossom heart is from Hearts and Flowers and the sweet tag was cut using a die from the Tailor-Made Classic Tags Die set and the sentiment is from Tiny Flowers and Tags:
Page 9 & 10: The sentiments are from Angelic Love and the pretty daisy blooming heart is from Hearts and Flowers:
Page 11: The sentiment is from From the Heart and the pretty daisy blooming heart is from Hearts and Flowers. Page 12: The sentiment is from Hearts and Flowers:
Tucked in the three pockets are tags featuring wonderful words from various sets. From top to bottom,
the sentiments are from the following stamp sets: Angelic LoveHearts and Flowers and Angelic Love:

Shown below is the beautiful bouquet of roses that Scott had delivered for me for Valentine's Day. I sure wish I could share their sweet fragrance with all of you :)
Thanks so much for visiting! Hope you are able to join along! Please be sure to visit the Flourishes blog for COMPLETE challenge details and for some wonderful inspiration visit the entire DT: TammyHeatherSilkeMakikoCindyBeateMona (that's me), Tera Fujan (Guest Designer)


Supplies Used:
Stamps: Flourishes Angelic Love, Love Sweet Love, From the Heart, Hearts and Flowers, Tiny Flowers and Tags
Die Templates: Flourishes Tailor-Made Classic Tags Die Set
post signature






 Comments

52 Sweet Comments So Far:

Alina said...

the mini album is soo sweet! And the roses are beautiful! Enjoy your day!

Dawnll said...

I also received some beautiful roses-mine are yellow!!!
Your mini is beautiful,so many wonderful details

Jenny said...

the album is so pretty, love it!! (: gorgeous roses!!

Shannon said...

Congrats on being a cover girl, I love all your Valentines that I see here and on the published book. I always enjoy visiting your blog, lots to look at.

Trish Latimer said...

Love this Mona....the tags peeking out are fabulous!!

Ros said...

Happy Valentines to you! love the album ... and the cute tickets ... Scott will love this too ... and your roses are beautiful ... stunning colours! Enjoy your evening ... I off out with my DH now ...

~amy~ said...

Gorgeous keepsake and the roses are soooo pretty....love the color!

Mirna said...

Wonderful mini book Mona! He will love it! Gorgeous bouquet of roses too! Lucky girl! Happy Valentine's Day!

Trudy said...

Gorgeous vintage book!!! Love the pretty stamps and dies you used especially from the Hearts and Flowers set! So stunning, your DH will be floored! Love your roses too!

Beate said...

Mona, your book looks amazing! So do the flowers that Scott gave you. You found a keeper. :)
I hope you have a wonderful Valentine's day with him.
Hugs and smiles

Heather Rogers said...

Your little tag book is so pretty. I love that you used so many Flourishes sentiments on the pages and tags. They have some of the best sentiments, don't they. I am SURE Scott loved this book. Your roses are stunning. Are they purple? I love purple roses.
Happy Valentine's Day!
Hugs~

Isabel Jett said...

Wow, Mona, this is gorgeous and so creative!!! Your DH is a lucky man!!!

Gale Evans said...

I love this beautiful mini book, Monna! All the gorgeous tags are so beautiful! I love the distressed vintage style! Your DH will cherish it forever! I also love the beautiful purple roses he gave you!

Cindy Haffner said...

GORGEOUS Mona!!~

HeatherCz said...

Beautiful work, Mona! Each page is incredibly gorgeous! Your DH will be thrilled!

GabrielleH said...

Wow, this tag book is so stunning and such a great idea! I love all of these beautiful Flourishes sentiments!

Jan Garber said...

Great mini! I really like how you incorporated all the wonderful sentiments! Your roses are gorgeous....I recieved a card left on the counter this morning...LOL!

Unknown said...

What a beautiful mini album you created. I just love all those sentiments. They are beautiful... Hope you enjoy your dinner tonight.

Hugs, Linda

Shelly said...

Absolutely gorgeous project!!! Your DZh is lucky to have such a loving a talented wife!!! I just love all the beautiful sentiments and the pretty tags! So creative! TFS!

1CardCreator said...

This is beautifully sweet Mona! Happy Valentines Day!

Stella said...

How lovely of Scott to give you these amazing flowers; they are gorgeous!

I;ve been looking again and again at the photos of your album and all I can say is ooooooh. ( In fact quite boring I guess but it was all I could i say. It took my breath away...)

Tammi Verbarendse said...

Love your mini album and those flowers are beautiful!!

Penny said...

Beautiful mini, Mona! Love all the gorgeous sentiments you used! Your DH did a great job with the flowers! Happy Valentine's Day!

Davi said...

I bet your honey loved his little album full of the wonderful treasure trove of sentiments and lots of great embellies! Your roses are divine..my favorite roses, lavender always have the sweetest fragrance! Happy Valentines Day :)

Olivia R said...

Mona, once again, I am blown away by your gorgeous design! This little book is a mini masterpiece! I love all the lovely tags and the wonderful sentiments contained within! Just breathtaking like those beautiful flowers you received! Hope you are having a wonderful Valentine's Day!

Shannon White said...

Oh Mona what Sweet Valentine Book! Love the Tags and Wonderful sentiments! Your embellies are So Perfect too! Just Fabulous Lady! 8-) And I know your DH had to have Loved this! 8-)

Happy Valentine's Day!

Hugs
Shannon

Jan Evans said...

Great job with this marvelous mini book! So many gorgeous details and sentiments! A perfect keepsake for your DH! Your roses are divine; love the different purples!

Nancy L said...

Wow, Mona, every page is gorgeous! What a lucky DH to receive such beauty! He did very well with the flowers too!

stampqueen said...

What a great little album!!!

Yolanda said...

Absolutely fabulous mini book, Mona! You should do a tutorial on how you made it! It is gorgeous! Love your pretty flowers too! TFS!

Mary Chen said...

Gorgeous little minibook, Mona! I really love these gorgeous sentiments you used! A definite masterpiece and keepsake! Bravo!

Mary Reidel said...

Gorgeous!!! Wow, what a beautiful little book! I love all the sentiments and the sweet tags! What a great idea! I must case this immediately! Thanks for the inspiration!!!

Brittney L said...

Wow I bet your hubby was absolutely blown away by this magnificent mini book! I love every page and every tag! The sentiments are perfect!

Carol Reisner said...

Absolutely incredible project, Mona! This is an amazing little book! I know Scott was blown away by it! I love all the darling vintage tags and the sweet sentiments! This is a true masterpiece and a perfect little treasure!

Unknown said...

Wonderful mini album, Mona! Love each page and all the sweet little details! Your roses are gorgeous! I hope you and Scott had a fabulous day!

Amanda said...

WOW! I love the mini album you created, it's amazing and not to feminine that you husband couldn't enjoy, too. You have some great ideas and this is another great creation :)

Amanda said...

WOW! I love the mini album you created, it's amazing and not to feminine that you husband couldn't enjoy, too. You have some great ideas and this is another great creation :)

Teri Holister said...

Hope you had a fabulous Valentine's Day!!! I know your husband loved this amazing mini-book! It is so cool!!! I love the vintage tags and the stamped hearts! Those Flourishes sentiments are just perfect! This is one of my new favorites of your's! Wow, incredible!!!

Beth Newel said...

Mona, your little book is so marvelous! I love every single page and those little tags are perfect for each of those beautifully worded sentiments! Thanks for sharing this vintage beauty!

Stacey Pembroke said...

Amazing mini book, Mona! Love all the beautiful sentiments and the pretty tags! Gorgeous roses too!

Fiona said...

Ooooh, I love those beautiful purple roses; your DH did a great job! But your Valentine mini is incredible! Really, Mona, this is a tiny masterpiece! Every page and every detail are gorgeous! I love the sentiment tags and the beautiful vintage look! Truly amazing!

Sue Lelli said...

LOVE this mini book, Mona, and how all of the pages are so SPECIAL! Really LOVE the color of those roses!

Unknown said...

Love the album and what a sweet way to let him know how much he means to you! I did smell the roses and are those sterling silver by the way, my absolute fave.

RobinH said...

Mona, your mini-book looks absolutely amazing! So vintage and elegant! I would love to have seen the look on your hubby's face when he saw this work of art! WOW!

Tammy L said...

Mona, this mini book is so breathtaking! I love all the beautiful hearts and the sweet tags with the sentiments! A wonderful gift for your DH! TFS!

Yogi said...

very nice booklet card. Love all the hearts and other elements.

Monika/Buzsy said...

What a fabulous mini book Mona. Love the pretty papers and tags. The hardware looks great on the front. :o)

AimeeOh said...

Awesome little book of quotes, Mona! Perfect for Valentine's! I bet your DH just loved it! TFS!

Trisha said...

Mona, this is so incredibly stunning! I really love this idea! Beautiful!

Diane said...

another stunning masterpiece...love it...flowers are gorgeous, too...beautiful color!!....and yes its 3am in the morning and I am "stalking" your blog with a cup of coffee...so many beautiful things to look at!!

Greta said...

You're so talented--wonderful work! I grow roses, but none that color--hubby did good!

Maria said...

Wonderful! Love it!
Big hug,

Maria B.


Thank you so much for leaving a sweet comment!


 
Cupcake's Creations Copyright © 2010 Prozine - Designed by Lasantha customized by Scott Pendleton for Mona
Banner graphic elements courtesy: House of Three
Home | RSS Feed | Comment RSS