Thinking of Friends 30

Mona Pendleton | Friday, October 30, 2009 @ 10:00 AM | , , ,

Hello Girls! It is going to be a BUSY weekend around here! We will be celebrating Halloween on Saturday with some neighborhood Trick-Or-Treaters & on Sunday, my Hubby & I will be shuffling off to the Phoenix Cajun Festival for some YUMMY food :) My DH was raised in Louisiana, so I am sure the food will not stand a chance in comparison to his Momma's Southern Cookin'! His mouth is still a bit sore from having a Wisdom tooth pulled on Monday but I think he can enjoy soft food like Gumbo or Etouffee! :)

In my crafty world, I will be sharing an all NEW Just Us Girls challenge with you. My team mate Kristin will be this week's hostess & she has something special to share with all the players :) I hope you stop by the JUGS site for all the details as well as here, to see what I have made for this week's JUGS Wildcard Challenge. Maybe you will become inspired to play along :) Recently, I have had some dear friends experiencing some difficult times in their lives, so with them in mind, I made these 2 cards to let them each know that they are in my thoughts. For sketch inspiration I used Kazan's AWESOME Sketch #38, 2S4Y38 & Anja's FUN BONUS sketch (from 2S4Y) & for color inspiration, I used this week's BEAUTIFUL colors from Color Throwdown, CTD66 selected by the ever so talented LeAnne:) Also, this week over at Moxie Fab World, Cath has gone Plum Crazy! :) She is challenging us papercrafters to "Capture its depth. Sample its nature. Command its presence. Ensnare its mystery. Quench our desire for plum". If you haven't already, I encourage you all to visit each & every one of these sites for AMAZING inspiration & maybe you will see something that just sparks your creativity & you too will play along! I hope these cards cheer up my friends :) Thanks for looking! Be Sweet!

I think I may have discovered a couple of new fave background stamps! I really love the PTI Polka Dot Basics set :) How can you go wrong with Polka Dots? AND I think this size dot won't make you dizzy! I gave the card an overall vintagey look by inking a sponge dauber with Ranger/Tim Holtz Vintage photo ink then gently rubbing the edges of all the SU Naturals Ivory cs.

This is the 1st time I spritzed the cs with water before crinkling it up & that sure made it a bit easier to crumple! I let it dry overnight though because it was too damp to use. NOTE to self: go easy on the water!

It was like Christmas when the other day when the UPS man delivered a box containing my loooooong awaited for PTI order! I tore into that box 'cause I couldn't wait to get my hands on the new Giga Guide Lines set :) I think that is on the top of my favorite stamp list as well :)

I used the Spellbinders Blossom die for this card as well, but it has a TOTALLY different look when you don't distress it! I wanted it more flat so I could place the sentiment in the center so I just bent up the edges a tad to give the bloom some dimension :) I REALLY need to practice paper stitching with my electric sewing machine-hand stitching is not only time consuming but I find it difficult to pierce all those layers! LOL I sure do like the final result though :)

Ingredients Used: Stamps: SU All Holidays , PTI Giga Guide Lines, Polka Dot Basics, Hero Arts Message Circles Paper: SU Rich Razzleberry, Bordering Blue, Elegant Eggplant, Naturals Ivory Ink: SU Rich Razzleberry, Bordering Blue, Elegant Eggplant & Chocolate Chip Sprinkles: Spellbinders Labels 1 & Blossom dies, Martha Stewart Butterfly punch, Making Memories Hardware, EK Success punch, Cuttlebug EF

post signature


 Comments

30 Sweet Comments So Far:

Andrea M said...

Wow Mona! Beau-ti-ful!!! I love the colors for the throw down - they are amazing. And you certainly bring out the best in those fab colors with those gorgeous cards!!!

Kim Sonksen said...

Wowee!!!! Gorgeous stuff Mona!

Julie Ranae said...

Really pretty...those friends may be having rough times but these cards should be bring a smile...

HeatherCz said...

Beautiful card again, Mona! Love the deep purple flower and the beautiful handmade DP! You are rockin' it!

Mercedes said...

Hope you survive your busy weekend and I'm soooooo happy you finally got your PTI shipment! It really shouldn't take that long with modern shipping!
I love these cards! Both are outstanding; your flowers are always so pretty! What neat techniques you used! TFS!

AKiteFlier said...

Fantastic Mona - LOVE both of these but I think I'm really in love with the new GIGA guidelines - you did a lovely job with it. Are they easier to stamp straight?! LOL. Way to thrown down this week's color challenge - rock on girly - you are ON FIRE with these. :-) Have a GReat weekend. Sounds like fun. Hugs.

Sue Nader said...

Yeah you got your PTI stamps! Your cards on this post are awesome! Those flowers are gorgeous and your DP is really nice looking. I love your stitching too! Way to go!

Davi said...

Both cards are beautiful!! Love that big flower!!

LeAnne said...

These are LOVELY, Mona! I so like what you've done with your flowers and these colors! Just beautiful! I love the polka dots and how you made them a bit vintage-y. I have that set and forget to pull it out!! You have inspired me to do that!

CFLanger said...

OOOH this is beautiful, Mona! What a gorgeous flower!

Tenia Nelson said...

Awesome cards!!

Sue Lelli said...

I am so JEALOUS! I just got back in town and haven't opened my Giga guidelines set yet. You have made the most BEAUTIFUL card with this set! Your flower is FAB! Doesn't it make you so proud that you were able to bring so much joy to people by showing them how to make that flower! I HAVE to go buy that Spellbinders flower tomorrow! LOVE your card!

Amy Liz Schultz said...

absolutely beautiful, Mona! I love the purples that you used for the color challenge and that flower is gorgeous!

Tumbleweed said...

Wow, I love these cards! The polka dot DP is fantastic! What a great job, both are lovely! Glad you got your Giga! Good luck with your crazy weekend!

Unknown said...

Oh my goodness! Love what you did with this color challenge! your paper is just perfect and another fabby flower. You made another stunning card!
Blessings,
Kim xXx

anja curvers said...

Wow these are so beautiful love what you did with both sketches and I love the colorcombo. Beautiful great job. Thank's for sharing and thank's for making my sketch look so nice.

Donna said...

Beautiful flowers on both of these amazing cards! You worked those colors so well. I was at a loss with the colors but you really showed us how. Also, I love the embossing as usual and your ribbon! Great job!

JennyGerber said...

Verrrrrry Pretty! Those flowers are gorgeous!

Jan Hirsch said...

Mona, I hope you get some time to yourself this weekend; sounds like you will be one busy girl! Your cards are gorgeous and I love the DP on both! You always know just what to do to make a stunning creation!

Sierra said...

These are really gorgeous cards! I love those PTI polka dots! Very rich looking!

1CardCreator said...

Beautiful cards Mona, I love those flowers, I'll have to put the blossom die on my wish list. Thanks for sharing how different they look when you crumple them too. I have not tried that yet, I appreciate all the inspiration. ~Diane

Helen Watanabi said...

Both of these are terrific! Great mix of the colors and I really like your DP design! I can't believe that you can produce such beautiful cards with so much going on in your life! You are Superwoman!

Unknown said...

amazing! - as always :) Did you know that Moxie Fab World has a plum challenge going on right now - you should enter this - it is certainly a winner in my eyes
Hugs
K

Jane said...

Brilliant!

Krista said...

Very pretty card ! Love the flower !!!

Winter said...

Beautiful cards, as always! :)

Sharron said...

Just beautiful--I especially love your wonderful flower!

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Mona! Thanks for entering the Moxie Fab World Plum Crazy! challenge! :)

cnelson said...

perfectly lovely!!

Gearhart Gang said...

Oooo, Love the mix of "plums" in this card! great job!


Thank you so much for leaving a sweet comment!


 
Cupcake's Creations Copyright © 2010 Prozine - Designed by Lasantha customized by Scott Pendleton for Mona
Banner graphic elements courtesy: House of Three
Home | RSS Feed | Comment RSS